Saturday, July 26, 2014

2 Year Blogaversary

via

Wow, I cannot believe I have been at this bloggity thing for two years.  This blog started out as a risk, an experiment, a why not and has turned into a source of encouragement and a honest to goodness community. I am often reassessing if the time I spend on this blog is where the Lord wants me to be and each time I ask I always get the answer "yes."  This past year this blog has been a little window into my summer of five weddings, celebrating my 23rd birthday, starting my fifth and final year of nursing school at Franciscan University, my #chroniclesofnightshift, my household celebrating 20 years of sisterhood(shout out to Mimi who I know reads this blog!), graduating, and most recently becoming an RN.  There has been lots and lots of post with the NAS and we all know I am a link up junkie so there has been 7QT, Five Favorites, and WIWS posts.  My blog got a redesign during the past year. Unfortunately I also did something that I wish on no one, I watched one of my best friends lose her dad.   Overall, it has been a great two years and I am excited for all the places the next year will take this bloggity.

A little look at "Here I Am"

  • There has been about 103 posts in the past year and 289 total.
  • The Top 5 most viewed posts this past year
    1. Sleeping with Men--I can only imagine why this post had so many hits but hopefully it softened just one person's heart.  I still hold by my opinion that catching some zzzs with a guy is intimate. 
    2. WIWS (Vol. 30)--I just wore this skirt this past weekend and I particularly like my hair in this shot.  How crazy to think that I had just moved back into the dorms.  It turned out to be more of a blessing to live on wing than I ever could have imagined.  
    3. 7 Quick Takes (Vol. 18)--Wow, again I had just moved back to school.  In same ways it seems like just yesterday and in others it seems like forever ago.  I don't think it has sinked in yet that I won't be moving back to Franciscan this fall. 
    4. Advent: Purposefully Waiting--What a blessing it has to start Advent with a purpose and to have others join in the purposeful waiting for Christmas. 
    5. And Tied for 5th place Five Favorites: My Wedding and Five Stages of Finals.  I still stand by those five things for my wedding and I still stand by the fact that finals are the worst.
  • Apparently you all really like to hear me talk about essential oils and want to hear more
  • The most commented on post was WIWS (Vol. 28).  I was blessed to get so much encouragement after running my first 5K.
  • A look back at the 1st Birthday
Thanks for reading along this past year and I look forward to another year on this blog.  

 photo handmaidsignature_zps78343ea1.png

3 comments: