Tuesday, December 3, 2013

In Memory

So I know I said I would only be doing Advent related posts but whats rules if you are not going to break them.


I am actually home from school sitting at my parent's kitchen table.  One of my best friend's from home dad died this Saturday.  He fought a year plus battle with brain cancer and a cure was not to be.  I am angry I am home, not because I don't want to be here for the wake and funeral, because really there is no other place I could be with this going on, but because I am angry that a friend's dad dying even exists. All three of my best friends are in town for the first time since my friend's wedding, for a funeral.  How much does that stink?  However I am thankful that we have been able to pull together over the past year to support my friend and pray for her dad.  I am thankful that he was able to see one of his daughters graduate college and the other high school.  I am thankful he got to be with his family for a whole year before the cancer completely took over.  I am glad that he is no longer in pain and suffering but is rejoicing with the angels in heaven.  I post this because I ask that you keep his family in your prayers as they continue living when someone they love no longer is.
 photo handmaidsignature_zps78343ea1.png

No comments:

Post a Comment