Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Today's Gospel--12/5/12

Today's Gospel is from the book of Matthew chapter 15 verses 29-37.

A particular verse stuck out to me during Mass...

"Jesus summoned his disciples and said, 'My heart is moved with pity for the crowd, for they have been with me now for three days and have nothing to eat. I do not want to send them away hungry, for fear they may collapse on way."

Christ is concerned with our human need. He cares about our hunger, our anger, our thirst, when we are tired, and when we desire union. Part of the glory of the Incarnation, of God becoming man, the crux of Christology, is that He was able to show the world that He has known our human needs in a very real way. He desires for our spiritual needs to be met so that we can come to heaven but he also cares that are human needs are met during out time on earth.

I pray that you are continuing to pray, hope and prepare during this Advent season.

Live joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment