Monday, December 17, 2012

Terribly Terrific Toffee

So I wanted to make sure I shared this so that it had time to make it onto the Christmas cookie list.

You can find the original recipe here.

I made these when I desperately needed a study break and wanted some study snacks.

Without further ado..

This recipe is so easy. Really look these are the sum total of all the ingredients.

1 cup unsalted butter (no margarine allowed)
1 cup brown sugar, packed tightly
2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
40 saltine crackers


Yes I do buy the Costco massive bag of chocolate chips. That way not only do I always have chocolate chips on hand for whenever I get the baking itch but also the Costco way is by far the cheapest route for chocolate chips.

Melt the butter and brown sugar together. Warning: Be careful not to get any hot sugar butter mixture on your hands. Not that I speak from experience or had a blister on my hand. That wouldn't be why I warn you.


While that is boiling you put the foil, cooking spray, and saltines on the cookie sheet.


Bake and let the mixture get ooie gooie yummy on the saltines.


Yeap it looks a little "wart-y" when it comes out of the oven but have no fear the finished product looks better.


Now dump the chocolate chips on crackers and toffee mixture so that it can melt and be spread.



Once the chocolate chips soften spread them around. In the name of omega 3s and brain food we put walnuts on half of it. You know, justification for eating more of it while studying.


And the finished product looks o so delicious. And it is!! That purple plate was just recently picked up at Ikea and I was so excited to use it.


But really add these to your Christmas cookies list, you won't regret it. Another great thing about this recipe is that it is easy to make quickly and you probably already have all the ingredients on hand. It is great for the "company is coming and I didn't realize how many of the cookies I have personally ate in the the past two days" moments.

Live joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment