Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Our Lady of Guadalupe


Happy Feast Day!

I love Our Lady of Guadalupe. Her and the story associated with her apparition are a big reason why I feel so passionate about praying for radical conversion and passionate faith in our country. I also love her because I always imagine that if I were to open up my own midwifery practice one day I would want a statue of Our Lady of Guadalupe on a mantel seen as soon as you walk through the door, due to her patronage of the unborn.

I find it awfully appropriate to be studying for my OB test tomorrow on this feast day. As this semester and this class come to an end I realize how much I desire for this not to be the end of studies in maternity nursing. As I complete this class, I now more than ever that I want to continue on to become a midwife. I believe more advocates are needed to believe in a woman's ability to carry, deliver, and care for children in a beautiful way. Lord willing I begin this process soon after I graduate undgrad.

On this feast day I pray for Our Lady to intercede for the unborn-especially those whose mother's are contemplating abortion and those who are struggling with medical complications. I pray for my nursing career that my hands may always be hands of healing, love, and joy. Lastly, I pray for Our Lady's intercession for radical conversion and passionate faith in our country. And lastly, that her Immaculate Heart may be honored by all throughout all the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment