Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Crock Pot Chicken Chili

I get asked for this recipe often enough it was high time I post it.

This recipe originated from this recipe here.

This is probably one of the easiest recipes. It is my go-to I know everyone will like it recipe. And you probably already have most ingredients on hand.

Crock Pot Chicken Chili

1 onion, chopped
1 16-oz can black beans
1 16-oz can kidney beans
1 8-oz can tomato sauce
1-2 cans of corn
2 cans of diced tomatoes (with or without chilies, sometimes I do one of each)
1 packet taco seasoning (or about a 1/4 cup of homemade taco seasoning)
1 tbsp cumin
1 tbsp chili powder
3 boneless skinless chicken breasts

Now dump all these ingredients and put the chicken on top in the crock pot and turn it on low all day. I normally shred the chicken (by pushing it against the sides with a spoon) and let it sit for about another half hour.

It is so so easy to chop the onion and put the spices in the crock pot the night before and just open and dump all the cans in the morning.

The great thing about this recipe-nothing needs to be exact. Don't have a can of black beans but have two cans of kidney beans, fine. Frozen corn rather than canned, fine. Do I ever actually measure out the taco seasoning, cumin, or chili powder, nope.

In addition if you need to spread to a few more mouths on the cheap, just add another can of some of the canned stuff. Like another can of black beans, tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, and corn--voila you have just made more servings.

I enjoy this chili paired with Ritz crackers and chedder cheese but you could also do corn bread, saltines, plain yogurt, or sour cream.

P.S. I will add pictures next time I make it, I just wanted to get the recipe up here.

Live joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment