Thursday, November 8, 2012

Thankful Thursday

During this month of November, I want to make a conscious effort to be thankful for all the many things we take for granted. For when we see every aspect of our life as a blessing from God it transforms how we live.

+I am thankful that I go to a passionately Catholic college that challenges me to live my faith radically each day. With a University President who is quoted saying this in light of the recent election results....
‎"The age of casual Catholicism is over; the age of heroic Catholicism has begun. We can no longer be Catholics by accident, but instead be Catholics by conviction."

+And for professors who also like to put their two cents in.

+I am thankful that I will be on my way to Connecticut, along with many household sisters, this weekend to witness the wedding of one of our sisters . It is going to be quiet the party.

+I am thankful that I have no class or clinical today. Now I just have to pray that I can actually be productive and not fall slave to the nap or youtube.

+Each and everyday I am thankful for coffee. O how good you are to me.

+I am thankful that I am already filling my house with Christmas decorations. The mugs and cups have already been in full use. Some may call it early but I have a few points of rational. First, we don't have much time at school after Christmas thus I can begin celebrating here early. Secondly, when isn't it a good time to begin celebrating the incarnation where the God of the universe entered humanity in order to one day bring us salvation. Whoa.

+I am thankful that after I got home from clinical last night at around 9:30 I just took the night off. Neither of my roommates were home and I took a shower and then cozied up in my warm bed with ice cream and Grey's Anatomy.

Live joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment