Monday, November 5, 2012

Catholic Woman's Almanac

Ok I am trying something new today rather than a daybook I am going to link up to Jenny's Catholic Woman's Almanac.

Moments of Gratitude

--Four days filled with whatever I want-it included alot of quality time, naps, sleeping in, good food shared with others, and some adult beverages.
--You want to talk about how much coffee I drank during break. If that isn't something to be thankful I don't know what is.
--Spending 6 hours a week in a newborn nursery. Some people call it a dream, I call it clinical.

Beauty in the Ordinary

Ahh I love beauty in the ordinary. One my favorite personal mottos is "Find the extraordinary in the ordinary." Ordinary days are when modern saints are made.

From the Kitchen

Nothing too exciting there. All I made this during the past few days is pasta and sauteed peas. O but I did make these gems which are now on my go to list for desserts.

Praying

---For our election and nation as election day looms right in front of us.
---For the Haiti Mission trip, I had 6 people added to the "Praying About" it list. I am fearlessly praying that the people who are called to the trip will hear the voice of God and that if it be the of the Lord's will a priest will be able to go with us.


Pondering

"He must recapitulate the whole of history from its beginging-from Adam on; he must go through the whole of it, in order to transform it."-Jesus of Nazereth

Reading

In light of the third Jesus of Nazareth book by Pope Benedict XVI coming out. I decided it was about time to read the first one. I have been reading it with overdrive on my phone and writing down notes and quotes in my journal. Can I just say I love it!! And I hope I can continue to make time to read more. Here is to hoping!

Memorizing

The Magnifact. I have a special love for Our Lady of the Annunciation. She is my household saint and I can't believe it took 200 some sisters for someone (me!) to finally pick her! Our Lady of the Annunciation, I believe, so perfectly emulates Our Lady's virtues. Recently while being prayed over, the Magnificat came up and since then I have been trying to talk hold of it chunk by chunk.

My soul proclaims the greatness of the Lord,
my spirit rejoices in God my Savior
for he has looked with favor on his lowly servant.
From this day all generations will call me blessed:
the Almighty has done great things for me,
and holy is his Name.
He has mercy on those who fear him
in every generation.
He has shown the strength of his arm,
he has scattered the proud in their conceit.
He has cast down the mighty from their thrones,
and has lifted up the lowly.
He has filled the hungry with good things,
and the rich he has sent away empty.
He has come to the help of his servant Israel
for he has remembered his promise of mercy,
the promise he made to our fathers,
to Abraham and his children for ever.

Captured

These are my BEAUTIFUL sisters that I got to spend four days with!! The weekend started to come to a conclusion with Sunday morning brunch





3 comments:

  1. Hi Natalie, thanks for linking up at Suscipio. I keep hearing such wonderful reviews of our Holy Father's books. I guess it's time to actually read one.

    Ordinary days are when modern saints are made.

    Great quote! This is so true. As of right now, not many of us are called to be martyrs, but to live the everyday, ordinary--for Christ, that's our path to heaven.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Natalie...

    Hopping over from Suscipio. Welcome! Great almanac. I also love the quote.

    The pic is wonderful and it looked like a fun day.

    Have blessed days this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my - my oldest daughter is in the midst of clinicals, too, and she works part time as a clerk/secretary/baby rocker in the maternity ward at a local hospital. She laughs about getting paid to rock fussy babies!

    ReplyDelete