Sunday, June 23, 2013

WIWS (Vol. 23)


So happy to be back again with the FLAP ladies for What I Wore Sunday.

For the rest of the summer, posts will be later in the day or not at all due to my commitment of speaking at a different parish each weekend in the Diocese of Cleveland promoting the FEST-a totally free Catholic music festival.

Today I was close to home at the parish my mom works at and I received my baptism and First Holy Communion.  It is a hot day so I didn't want any extra layers or sweaters to slow me down.



I love this skirt but cannot figure out a good way to wear it in the warmer months.  I have visions of sweaters and boots for the fall but for the summer I am out on what I should wear on top. Any suggestions?

The details:
Skirt: T.J. Maxx
Top:  Brown, cotton, blaba blahba
Shoes:  Payless, 19.99, all the rage
Bracelet:  made by yours truly in fashion class in high school, yeap I was that cool

I have put up some book reviews this week and most exciting is that I am getting a new blog design (sound the applause) that should be appearing soon, so get excited with me. (Any suggestions for the design are appreciated in addition to the skirt-top fiasco suggestions.)

9 comments:

  1. Cute skirt! I'd probably wear it with a cream tee or cardi, because I'm original like that :) A chambray button-up or grey tee would look cute too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I thought cream too but don't have one. I will just have to find one. Oh chambray, I like....I must try that.

      Delete
  2. That skirt is really cute...and I agree about wearing it with a cream colored top..although a yellow (darker yellow) might look good as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I agree with the cream and am going to have to find something. Hmm yellow I never thought of that, do you mean like a mustard yellow?

      Delete
  3. Ooooh, I love the skirt! I agree on the cream or white color: maybe a sleeveless flowey blouse that breathes for coolness kind of like this - http://executiveapparel.com/productsservices/ladies-blouses/2432-crossover-pleat-yoke-shell-blouse-2

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree that sleeveless would look best but I usually don't wear sleeveless to Mass (personal preference)and defiantly won't if I am speaking at Mass and representing the FEST. Love that shirt though, I like things that have detail like the ruching.

      Delete
  4. A friend of mine just showed me the website uniqlo.com, and there are tons of options for white/cream tees or button-downs there - check it out! I would do a sleeveless button-down, tucked, with a cardigan for Mass.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the website recommendation, I love it. I am telling you it was too hot for the cardigan, I was sweating buckets just sitting in the gathering space so the cardigan wasn't going to happen.

      Delete
  5. Maybe something light colored and sleeveless but with a breezy knitted cardigan over it? I have one of those and I love it to get around the not wearing sleeveless to Mass thing (I totally am the same way as you!). I got it ages ago at forever21, they have good layering options in general.

    And ITA that yellow would look great with it, any color yellow whether mustard or a brighter one. Anything short of a greenish yellow would look good I think.

    ReplyDelete