Monday, April 1, 2013

What I Wore for Easter (+Tridium)

Oh death where is your sting? Oh Hell where is your victory? Christ is risen! Alleluia!!

It has been a little quiet around here during Holy Week because I didn't want any more screen time than I needed during the holiest week of the liturgical year but now that it is Easter I am back and have more Haiti posts and some book reviews among other stuff coming up. So excited that Grace did another holiday outfit link up.

Camp Patton


I split my time this weekend staying at school through the Easter vigil and driving home Sunday morning. The tridium is a huge celebration at Franciscan. Many families come into town for the celebrations and a majority of students stay on campus.

Holy Thursday

During the day I had class in the morning and went with one of my household sisters to pick up her sister from the airport. I was invited to a lovely Seder meal and then enjoyed Holy Thursday Mass. Fr. Dominic gave the homily, a Franciscan who choose the name Dominic due to his love of the Dominicans also. It was about our Amen when we receive the Eucharist shouldn't be the end of it but our life should be an Amen. He went on to comment on the way Pope Francis has lived a life of this Amen. O yeah my outfit.....


Dress: Merona from Target
Cardigan: Ann Taylor (I think) via Goodwill
Boots: Target

Good Friday

Good Friday was a quiet day with beautiful weather that lent itself to a wonderful day of prayer and reflection. I didn't get a picture of my outfit but I thought it was pretty Good Friday perfect---long purple jersey skirt, black shirt, and tan sweater.

Holy Saturday

Holy Saturday gets jipped on campus because everyone wakes up excited about the vigil that night. The vigil is a super big deal on campus filled with excitement. Following Mass is the Resurrection Party until about 3 in the morning. Christ is risen and there is reason to celebrate so celebrate we do. The dress I wore I actually got right after Easter last year at Gabriel Brothers with the intention of wearing it for Easter this year. I think it is a mighty perfect Easter dress if I do say so myself. (In case you didn't know I am the one on the right.)


With many of my household brothers and sisters who stayed in town for Easter. 



Dress: Dressbarn via Gabe's
Cardigan: Old Navy
Shoes: Goodwill before nude toned shoes were in
Necklace: Christmas last year

Easter Sunday

Outfit is completely un-picture worthy considering I went to bed at 3 and woke up at 6:10 to drive home. The first thing I put on that resembled appropriate Easter clothes is what it was and it ended up being the same dress from Thursday but with a cream colored sweater. I spent the day with my immediate family and an aunt, uncle and cousin at my grandma's house. On Monday it is back to school we go because I have clinical on Tuesday.

3 comments:

  1. Look at you all sassy in blues and florals. You look beautiful. Happy, Happy Easter!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're making me miss campus. Loooooove the florals. Happy Easter!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an awesome floral dress! You look adorable in both outfits :)

    ReplyDelete