Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Kisses from Katie


Another book on my "13 in 13"  challenge.


This book brings so much peace to my heart.   (If you are going to order this book or anything else off Amazon it would be awesome if you could follow this link so that I could earn amazon credit and order things in the future like expensive nursing books.)  I listened to it through the overdrive app on my I-phone.  I actually probably first started listening to it this past fall and it has taken this long for me to finish, not because of lack of interest but because of lack of alone driving time which is when I normally listen to my audio books.

This book is written by Katie Davis, a missionary in Uganda.  What started out as a short term trip became a year commitment and unfolded into becoming mommy to over 20 orphan girls and realizing Africa was were she would live for the rest of her life.  The cover says, "A Story of Relentless Love and Redemption" and that is just what you get.  The faith of Katie and her unrelenting trust is inspiring.  She listens for the Lord's voice each day and trusts in it with reckless abandon.  No matter what you are called to in life--religious life, wife, mommy, teacher, nurse, or like Katie, a missionary, this book will inspire you to trust completely in that calling with joy and faith.   I am confident that this will be a book that I relisten to so that I can really let the gems sink in and I would highly recommend it to anyone.

Would love to hear if anyone else has read/listened to this book and their thoughts.

Live joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment