Sunday, April 7, 2013

What I Wore on Divine Mercy Sunday (Vol. 17)



Happy Divine Mercy Sunday!!  I am sad to see Easter Octave come to an end and I would be lying if it wasn't at least partially because the excuse "Well, it's Easter Octave!!" works for just about everything.  But what an exciting day it is to celebrate the Lord's unending mercy.  I have a whole new deeper appreciation for His mercy after reading Consoling the Heart of Jesus (follow the link to get the full scoop!).  It has been such a joy to pray these past nine days for flooding of the Lord's mercy with the Divine Mercy novena and chaplet.

On to the outfit....

I had my photographer (aka my roommate--what am I going to do when she graduates?!) take pictures in our upstairs hallway partially because if we took it outside my hair would be whirling around in all the wind we are having today.


This outfit is almost entirely thrifted.

Skirt, belt that came with the skirt, and cardigan: Steubenville Goodwill
Shoes:  Seen on Easter from Goodwill at home 
Tank:  Old Navy

While this outfit was cute the important outfit I wore this week was my nursing dedication dress.  As a nursing student, at the end of our junior year we have a dedication ceremony.  We wear old fashioned nursing dresses, a cap, and dedicate our career to God.  It is beautiful and nearly a bigger deal to us nurses than our graduation.  It was an exciting day and it is humbling to have made it this far. 


Hope you guys had a great week and can't wait to see all the Spring outfits. I finally added a "follow on bloglovin'" button on the right side now that Google Reader is coming to an end so please follow so that you can get more updates.

7 comments:

  1. Love that skirt - what a great color!

    And I never knew about the dedication ceremony. What a special day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Natalie, that skirt caught my eye right away! Love the color and the fun cardi.

    I'll never forget my dedication ceremony at Steubenville, it was beautiful! Extra special because I got to wear my mom's white nurse dress from when she was in nursing school :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Erika I don't know how I didn't know you went to nursing school at Franciscan. I am actually making sure that I keep my white dress so that if I have any daughters (or nieces, etc) that come here and do nursing I can pass it down to them.

      Delete
  3. Such a cute outfit, I can't believe those awesome finds! The cardigan is my fav - I love blue & white. And that nursing cap is too cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome thrift store finds! I love that skirt.

    The dedication ceremony sounds pretty neat, but I have to wonder if there have ever been any guys in the program? Do they wear dresses and caps, too?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is always at least a couple guys in the program each year and they actually wear white polos with white scrub pants.

      Delete
  5. Such a flattering skirt!

    I'm so jealous of your nursing dedication ceremony, so special! I just graduated from nursing school in Texas and we had nothing like that.

    ReplyDelete