Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Not Alone Series: Who Are You?

I hear angel choirs singing, do you?  My bloglovin' is working.  Woohoooo.  Don't ask me how I got it to work I just know it is and that makes me very happy.  So now you can follow me and it will actually work.  See right hand side.  And you want to come back because my new blog design is almost done.

Now on to NAS with this weeks topic-"Who are you right now as a young, single woman?".  You can head on over to Morgan's blog for the link up.




I think it is kind-of ironic that this is the topic during a crazy busy week.  On top of my three jobs I am in a wedding on Saturday, and thus have various things to do leading up to it that I am honestly so excited and delighted to do, and I am trying to help out as much as I can with the youth group service week at my parish.  I just want to tell you "I am always too busy to know myself", and if that is the case, which I unfortunately think is partially true, then I need to cut a whole lot out of my life.  I am very very much so an extrovert so even more, to a fault, find alot of my identity in other people.

After cutting out my identity in other people, I then want to describe myself as nursing student, summer nanny, etc but again that isn't who I truly am, those are just things I do.

So who am I?   I am a woman in relationship with God.  When it all boils down, that is who I am.  I am seeking after God's heart in my own unique womanly way.  It is this relationship that will make me a saint.  It is because of this relationship that I am passionately Catholic, desire to serve, love caring for the sick as a nurse, and have any bit of kindness in me (otherwise it would all be over powered by emotional swings and frustration).  This is who I am single and who I am confident I will be when I am married.  Because we really shouldn't be any different single as a we are married, just a little closer to heaven and a little more a saint.  As a young, single Catholic I am a woman after God's own heart.

2 comments:

  1. Your last line kind of reminds me of a post I just read. http://domusportafidei.org/2013/07/12/the-feminine-heart/

    "A woman's heart should be so hidden in God that a man has to seek Him just to find her."

    ReplyDelete
  2. A woman in a relationship with God and a woman after God's own heart, that is exactly who we should be in all aspects of our lives. Thank you for this great reminder.

    ReplyDelete