Friday, January 11, 2013

7 Quick Takes (Vol. 6)



--- 1 ---


Today is my last week day of break and I will be heading back to the 'ville on Sunday. It's bittersweet. I am ready to get back to my friends and normal routine but I am going to miss these lazy days doing pretty much whatever I want.

--- 2 ---


My classes this semester are Med/Surg, Psych and to finish off my theology minor-Principles of Biblical Studies II. I am excited to learn all the basic knowledge of Med/Surg, the crazy stories of Psych and indifferent to PBS II.

--- 3 ---


I know a lot of people come up with a word for the year. As a student, my years are more easily measured in semesters rather than calendar years. I have been praying about a word and I have been led to the word...

Perseverance.

Looking ahead at the semester this word makes sense but at the same time it scares me to think of the things the Lord might call me to this semester. Still praying about it and still seeking His word in Sacred Scripture.


--- 4 ---




Speaking of the beginning of the semester how do you like my new time organizational tool I created? I am so excited to put it to use.

--- 5 ---


So what is my biggest time organization woe? Clinical work. With each clinical I have to do preplanning and a variety of write ups. All are due just about every week and they are always in flux so I struggle to keep track of what I have already done and what still needs to be done. Here is hoping it goes better this semester.

--- 6 ---


I am not looking forward to packing up yet again. Of course I don't have to pack up everything because I still have most of my stuff at school but I have more than a bag or two to bring back. Those who are in a long term housing situation, i.e. longer than a year, be thankful.

--- 7 ---


A recent quote that stood out to me from Jesus of Nazareth (I know I have been reading it forever I just need to finish it!!)

"We who are privileged to receive the Eucharist as our bread must nevertheless always pray that non of us be permanently cut off and severed from the body of Christ"

Makes me re-think the times I don't feel like going to Mass....

For more Quick Takes, visit Conversion Diary!



No comments:

Post a Comment