Friday, August 8, 2014

#livingmyfiat

So many ideas are converging right here on this post.

So today I turn 24.  Wow.  I remember when I first took the leap and tacked on a fifth year of college thinking about soon after I graduate college I would be turning 24.  Well here I am and I am not sure how I feel about it.

I have alot of transitions going on in my life. I struggle with feeling like I am not going down the path the Lord wants even though really right now I am not exactly walking down any particular path.  I have so many future plans rolling around in my head and I become stressed because I don't know which ones will actually unfold in my life.  The Lord in his goodness has been reminding me over and over again that everyday I can and am living His will despite being momentarily stagnant.  I am not at home, nannying, looking for a job by mistake but purposely in this moment to do the Lord's will and be His hands and feet as He needs here and now.

Stick with me here.

In case you hadn't noticed, I really really love Our Lady of the Annunciation.  I think that by meditating on her words during the Annunciation we can gleam so many truths that, if we allow it, can radically rock our life.  

Do you see where this is going yet?

via
During my 24th year of life, each day I want to post a picture on the 'gram that in some way shows my life and me living my fiat.  Mary said a yes that radically changed human history.  Her yes meant watching her son die so that we could receive mercy.  Her yes meant that she would spend all of eternity interceding for us as our mother.  Her fiat changed everything.  In imitation of Our Lady, each day I must say my yes and live my fiat, saying and living the Lord's will for my life.

I am really excited about this.  I hope you will follow along.  If you don't already follow me on the 'gram please do.  Just let me know in the comments if you are going to request to follow me so I make sure I don't deny you (I have a request so "xx" people don't follow me.)  Join me during my 24th year of life as I am #livingmyfiat.
 photo handmaidsignature_zps78343ea1.png

4 comments:

  1. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!! :) I hope you had (have? Or is it today, now that's it's technically Saturday) a wonderful day!!

    And I think it's so great about your #livingmyfiat pics on the 'gram! :) I will for sure be following... well, cause I already am! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday! Wish I had an Instagram to follow along, so I'll have to follow along with your updates elsewhere. This sounds wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday!!!!!

    This sounds great and I will definitely be following you. Looking forward to seeing you #livingmyfiat!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy belated birthday!! Love your #livingmyfiat idea!! So beautiful!

    Enjoy your new year! I've actually enjoyed the second half of my twenties more than the first half, so don't be afraid! You are doing just fine and following the Lord just beautifully. :) He has a way of leading us whether we realize it or not. :)

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete