Sunday, January 26, 2014

NAS: "Guess who's engaged!?"


Do you struggle with balancing the sting of hearing about yet another engagement with genuine excitement? What emotions come into play? What virtues do you enlist to help with it all?

I went to five wedding this past summer, I am no stranger to knowing alot of people who are getting married.  I am senior at Franciscan University, people here get engaged, married, and start popping out kids like it is a hobby.  Do I get excited when my best friend, household sister, nursing classmate, or acquaintance shows me their rock?  Of course I do!  Do I sometimes get a little low and depressed because why isn't it me with the future hubby?  Of course I do!  Neither of those feelings are wrong but they must be in the context of trust.  Trust that the Lord of the universe is pursuing you.  That He has a plan for you that is better than any chick flick or story you could come up with on your own.
" 'For your thoughts are not my thoughts, neither are your ways my ways,' declares the Lord. 'As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts.' "  Isaiah 55:8-9
If you are at ropes end because you just heard about yet another engagement and you are on your way home to watch another episode of Drop Dead Diva while cuddling with your cat and eating cookies and you might just cry a little, stop and put yourself in His presence and let Him write love in your heart.  Hear His whisper to keep trusting.  Cry and ask over and over again "why isn't it me."  But when you ask that question, pause long enough for Him to whisper, "Do you trust me?  Do you trust that my thoughts are higher than your thoughts?  Do you trust me my beautiful beloved?"
 photo handmaidsignature_zps78343ea1.png

4 comments:

  1. Hey, whats wrong with watching DDD and cuddling your cats?? ;) hehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful!! That bit from Isaiah can be wonderfully calming.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful, Natalie! Yes, I think we too often forget that our Father so desires us to throw ourselves at His feet and pour out our sorrows! He's a BIG God! He can handle it! And through this, hopefully we can come to accept His love and take comfort in His will for us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Natalie, I LOVED the part where you said, "Trust that the Lord of the universe is pursuing you." So perfect! :)

    ReplyDelete