Saturday, January 11, 2014

2014 Goals: Blogging



So at the beginning of this new year I made a list of Goals for 2014 including some goals for my blog.  I said "I want to have more purposeful blogging.  What would I want to read, let me create that here.  I want to make sure what I post here on this bloggity is really reflecting the image that I am and want to be."

So where the heck do I begin?  Obviously (or not so obviously) I began by looking at what I liked about the blogs that as soon as they come on my Bloglovin' feed, I read.  Six blogs came to mind.  So what are my favorite things about my favorite blogs and can I achieve that?


  1. Funny.  Hilarious.  Makes you literally laugh out loud (LLOL).  Ok there is only so much I can do  about this.  I try to be funny and sometimes it happens and sometimes it doesn't.  
  2. Stunning Pictures.  I have a nice DSLR camera and learning how to use it better is totally something I can do and something that I do try to do.  Make this more of a priority.
  3. Honest about real life issues. This I can do and do do.  However, I am always aware of making sure that I don't confuse blog and journal.  Can I do anymore?
  4. "Relationship"  I really like having a relationship with a fellow blogger.  I can't force people to be my friend but I can always respond to comments in a personal non-generic way.
  5. Life.  Some bloggers just have a really interesting life.  God is the author of my life and there is nothing I can do about that.  Besides I don't think I live an uninteresting life.  
  6. Franciscan Grad.   As a current Franciscan student I really enjoy reading Franciscan students who have graduated and made a life for themselves after Franciscan.  Being at Franciscan can be a marathon pushing you to grow in ways that as a freshman you feel are impossible.  It is enjoying to read about grads who have run the race and still live life for His kingdom.  
So there you have it.  I really like having a blog and if I am investing time and energy into it I want it to be something that is beautiful and good.  I want it to inspire my readers.  I want it to be something I am proud of.  

(By the way, I am currently drinking a protein shake and struggling to move without winching thanks to Miss Jillian Michaels so nutrition and fitness goals are being worked on too. Yeah!)

 photo handmaidsignature_zps78343ea1.png

No comments:

Post a Comment