Sunday, May 5, 2013

WIWS (Vol. 18)



I haven't done this link up for a number of weeks, things like woman's retreat, Saturday Vigil Mass, household inductions, and brunch at my clinical instructor's house just get in the way.  Excited to join up with Mandi at Messy Wife, Blessed Life while Emily is off joining the Mrs. club.

Jumping right in with the outfit....



Skirt:  Goodwill, Merona brand
Tank: Modbod, the ones I have raved about multiple times
"Cardigan":  Target, the same one I wore the last time I did WIWS
Belt:  Goodwill, excited about this purchase 
Earrings:  Gabriel Brothers, I love these earrings and was so excited when I realized they would go perfectly with this skirt.  
Shoes:  Still undecided.

Now why haven't I decided on shoes, shouldn't I have already been to Mass this morning?  Actually I am going to a First Communion Mass at 2:30.  Whose you ask?  All you moms out their are going to love this (and I apologize for any jealousy that may occur).  We have this thing at Franciscan called Ministry to Mass organized by Kimberly Hahn.  Moms and students attend this afternoon tea and based on availability and needs they get matched up.  On a regular basis the student goes over a family's house and helps out with things like babysitting, cleaning, laundry, dishes, homework and whatever else might need to be done.  In exchange the student normally joins them for a meal-read escapes a meal from the caf, and can do their laundry there.  It really is a great win-win situation.  My first semester at Franciscan I attended this tea and got matched up with a wonderful family.  At the time they had four kids with the youngest still being a baby, since then twins (and a dog) have been added to the family and the then baby is headed to preschool in the fall.  Also, by coincidence I joined her household so in the "crazy Franny household world"  we are now sisters.  I have folded and put away many a piles of laundry(she loves the fact that I doing boat loads of laundry), scrubbed numerous dishes, and shared countless dinners with them.  I am going to the second oldest's First Communion this afternoon.  It has been such a blessing to become part of their family.  She is a great cook (huge bonus) and has taught me so much about what it means to be a wife and mother.  The kids have become so special to me and I love whenever I get to spend time with them.  It is such a blessing to get to watch "E" receive First Holy Communion for the first time.

So all that to tell you why I haven't decided on shoes yet.  Hope everyone has a blessed, relaxing and joyful Sunday.

6 comments:

  1. First, I love that program at Franciscan. LOVE it!! What a wonderful way to learn "on the job" so to speak. I hope you have a fabulous time this afternoon at your special mass. May the grace of Our Lord be with you and your sweet "second" family.
    BTW - totally crushing on your skirt...just sayin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your skirt is a great find at goodwill and so perfect for spring! What a beautiful Sunday and a memorable day for all of those getting their first Holy Communions!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That program is pure brilliance, I've heard of it before, and wow. What a blessing you must be to your family.
    Also your earrings are THE BOMB, I think they're my favorite accessory I've seen on WIWS yet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, favorite accessory on WIWS, I will take that as a mighty high compliment.

      Delete
  4. So pretty! Love the colors in that skirt! I wish they had that program while I was at Franscican...unless they did and I totally didn't know! Sounds awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great earrings! I usually only stick to metal toned, white & black accessories that can go with everything because I would never be able to coordinate like that!

    ReplyDelete