Monday, May 20, 2013

Sisterhood Everlasting

So if you haven't been keeping count, because lets be honest who would be, this is my 6th book finished for the year.  Woohooo!!  Ok maybe it really isn't that excited but I know I have been really enjoying this past week spending oddles of time with my nose in a book.


This book, Sisterhood Everlasting by Ann Brashares,  is another book in the Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants series.  I read the first four books when I was in high school.  I have also watched the movie but because I watch so much Gilmore Girls, when I watch other movies with Alexis Bledel I have a hard time separating that role from her Rory role in the TV series.  I was really excited when I learned that Ann Brashares had released another book in the series and hoped on to my wonderful Overdrive app and borrowed the book from the library and downloaded it onto my phone.  (If you are a smart phone user and don't know about this app yet you are really missing out.)  I quickly reentered the world of Lena, Carmen, Tibby, and Bridget and enjoyed every minute of it.  The excitement I had for another book in the series did not disappoint.  Now I won't really go into much more detail because the book has a big twist that I don't want to ruin for you but I do want to give a little shout out to the pro-life message in the book.  Now if you really don't want any giving away stop reading right now because this does give away a little something but I really want to highlight the pro-life message.

......


......

Well now that those folks are gone I can say that in the book one of the girls finds out she is pregnant, she immediately assumes she will abort the baby.  She isn't allowed/doesn't do it right away and just sits with the pregnancy for awhile.  As other parts of the story unfold she realizes the LIFE that is inside her uterus and that their is no way she could get rid of it.  Now this thought isn't greatly stressed but any pro-life message is so important and needed in our culture to counteract the anti-life message rampant in our world today.

I recommend this book to other adult readers, especially if you have read the other books in the series.  Could you read this book without reading the first four?  I guess but you wouldn't get the full richness of the characters so why would you want to do that.

As always, please link up any reviews you have done on this title or let me know how you liked it.

No comments:

Post a Comment