Wednesday, May 8, 2013

The core of the Gospel of life.

Christopher West came and spoke at Franciscan last spring including promoting his new(ish) book "At the Heart of the Gospel".  I began reading it at the time but put it down for so long that as I pick it back up I decided to just start it over again.  As I dive back in to it I had to pass on this gem from one of the first pages.

"We need to bring the Gospel of life to the heart of every man and woman and to make it penetrate every part of society.  This involves above all proclaiming the core of this Gospel.  It is the proclamation of a living God who is close to us, who calls us to profound communion with himself and awakens in us the certain hope of eternal life.  It is the affirmation of the inseparable connections between the person, his life, and his boldiliness" --Blessed Pope John Paul II (EV 80-81)

No comments:

Post a Comment