Monday, March 4, 2013

My Sisters the Saints

Well, second book done.  Remember that one time when I said I was going to read 13 books in 2013?  Well I am obviously off to a great start.  It is March and I have only finished two books.  However, in my defense it is the beginning of March and I have made major dents in other books, I just haven't finished them yet.



Anywho, I would highly recommend this book.  As a spiritual memoir, I really enjoy that it reads like a fiction but still sprinkles in some learning about the saints.  In My Sisters the Saints, Colleen combines her young years during which she shifts through her life to discover what is most important to her, her dad's diagnosis and subsequent life with Alzheimer and her husband's and her struggle with years of infertility.   Yet through all this, she clings to the saints as a source of strength and her faith is a a place of steady ground for her.  A great read that I would recommend.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing the review! I'm currently on Chapter 3 and loving this book so far! :) God bless!

    ReplyDelete