Sunday, September 16, 2012

Pinterest Challenge: Week 1

So as I started this semester I have had this goal of doing one pinterest craft, recipe, or idea each week. I know lofty goal on top of nursing school and college life. I probably have been doing it but not purposely so alas now I begin the adventure of purposely picking one thing a week, in fact I challenge myself to it. I however make the executive decision to excuse myself during midterm and final week, because I hear ringing in my ears the words heard over and over again around here, "you're a student first".

So thus the adventure begins.


I can hear, taste, smell and see Autumn on the horizon. The taste of pumpkin is on my tongue and cute fall clothes are practically trying to claw their way out my closet. Of course the next weeks will be filled with Autumn inspiration, in fact I have a whole board dedicated to Autumn.

Thus I present to you the first pin.

Pumpkin Muffins

So I didn't take any pictures of the process, I know bad blogger me. These muffins were SO easy to make. I mean really it doesn't get much easier than a box of cake mix and a can of pumpkin. While the easiness of it was appreciated it lacked a little in yumminess. They weren't bad they just weren't especially tasty. They pretty much tasted like yellow cake with a hint of pumpkin. They were made better with cinnamon sprinkled on top but I suggest that if you are tempted to make this recipe that you add cinnamon to the batter, maybe even some pumpkin pie spice.

Is their a fall recipe you have tried already and fallen in love with?

Live joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment