Friday, August 17, 2012

Pinning It Down #2

So it is that season of the year where if you have a zucchini plant you have zucchini coming out of your ears. We give alot of ours away but I am trying to get creative and use as much as possible.

So I found on pinterest a recipe for zucchini pancakes and I thought I would give it a try.

Now here is a disclaimer. I see recipes as more inspiration than something to be followed perfectly. With that being said I used a really big pinch of flour, I used dried chives and parsley instead of the fresh chives and mint, sea salt rather than kosher salt, and I found out we don't have a zester so the lemon zest is absent.

Some pictures of the process.

The fresh ingredients! Zucchini from our garden, onions from the Amish Farmers market on 700, and potatoes from the vegetable stand down the street.


The shredded zucchini.


I forgot about the fresh eggs!! We get fresh, brown, organic, cage free, grazing (do chickens graze or just cows?) eggs.



Frying up the pancakes.



The finished plate. Random things to eat with it-half a ham and cheese sandwich and half a veggie pattie sandwich.




So conclusions, the zucchini pancakes were good but a lot of work. I probably would make them again but continue trying to make them better.

No comments:

Post a Comment