Friday, May 23, 2014

Getting to Know Bek

When Bek @The Contemplations of a Daughter  read my post many moons ago updating my 2014 Goals she noted that one of my goals was to form more friendships through the blog world and suggested that we do a Q&A of each other and post it on our blogs.  Well isn't that a howdy do.  Well I was doing this thing called finishing college and wasn't always the most timely with getting back to her but she was a patient gal and finally here we are nearly two months later finally publishing the post.  Maybe this post is like wine, it gets better with age.

Without further ado or yapping, here is a Q&A seesion with Bek @The Contemplations of a Daughter.  And if you hopped over here from Bek's blog, hello and come back again!

The lovely Bek (she is the one in black and her bestie Samara is in white)


Bek's Answers to my Questions:


1. Why did you start blogging? I started blogging for fun, just to see if I could conquer Blogger {still working on it!} and because it seemed like a cool thing to do for a 20-year-old college sophomore. Also because typing things out was faster than handwriting impersonal thoughts in my journal.

2. Dog lover? Cat lover? Both? Definitely a dog person, but I won't go so far as to say dog lover. My sister is the real Dr. Doolittle of the family, but I did enjoy our family dog while she was with us.

3. My favorite Scripture verse right now?  John 1:1-5  "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God and the Word was God. He was in the beginning with God. All things were made through Him, and without Him was not any thing made that was made. In Him was life, and the life was the light of men. The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it."

4. Favorite pair of shoes? I know they're really trendy, but I have a pair of ankle boots that I love. They are a great heel, make my feet look small, and I can wear them in Seattle's rainy-sunny spring weather!  Also, I love my slippers. My parents gave them to me for Christmas, and they are Tardis slippers and I love them and wear them all the time. I bring them to other people's houses to wear. I know I'm weird, but at least I'm comfy, too!

5. If you could have any career where time being education and pay didn't matter, what would it be? I think I would run some crisis pregnancy clinics. That is my goal, actually, to direct some clinics, hopefully with Care Net. We're working on a mobile unit, which would be incredible. I'd also love to spend some time with Save the Storks {mobile ultrasound units}, and if I could spend some time with Katie Davis in Uganda, I think I might stay there forever, too

Bek's Answers to her Questions:

 1. Describe your family: My family is my parents and my three younger sisters. We are loud and crazy sometimes and quiet bookworms some other times. My sisters and I can sit around the kitchen table for hours laughing and laughing at and with each other. I really enjoy Christmas shopping with my sisters, because we usually pair off and buy gifts for the sisters we're not with at the moment, then we rotate. It's pretty great.

2. If you had a whole day off with no commitments or responsibilities, what would you do? Sleep in! Then read in bed, both a devotional {going through the 1000 Gifts journal} and some fiction {currently in "Infinite Jest"}. At some point, I'd get up and want to hang out with people, maybe go to dinner, and play some cards. Cookie baking is also on the list.

3. What are your favorite books? Three Christmases in a row, I read "A Tale of Two Cities," but I think I'm over that cycle. I loved Les Miserables and frequently re-read Jane EyreThe Fault In Our Stars is a favorite, and He Loves Me is the non-fiction book that I breathe in regularly.

4. What do you love most about blogging? What do you love least? I love the people I've "met" through blogging! The blogging community is a wonderful group of people who are passionate about whatever they're passionate about, and I love reading about what makes people tick.  Writer's block is my least favorite part of blogging, for sure. I hate when there's stuff going on in my head that I just am unable to articulate on the blog. That part is lame.

5. If you could live in any location, where and why? Mmm, I'm with you: somewhere warm is definitely calling my name! I'd also love to go to Kentucky, because that's where my heart already is, and I think Berlin would be pretty awesome also. 


 photo handmaidsignature_zps78343ea1.png

1 comment: