Tuesday, June 24, 2014

NYC

Here I am sitting on the subway on my way to Manhatten to walk around Central Park and take pictures.  I just got asked a question about the subway so I feel pretty cool (NYC imposter right here).  The train is filling up and I am thankful.  Thankful that I am single and can go to New York City for a week.  If I were married and had kids I would have to be more prudent, I would have responsibilities, and I would be living a different mission.  That would be a beautiful life but right now that isn't the life I am called to.  Instead I will drink mojitos late into the night contemplating just how many people are squeezed into this little island. I will sleep in and eat chocolate chip waffles.  I will flirt and get all nervous around guys who are tall and handsome.  I will be thankful for where I am right now not wishing I was anywhere else but here.

No comments:

Post a Comment