Sunday, November 2, 2014

NAS: Makeup Routine


What are your thoughts on wearing make-up? Do you see a tension between a pressure from society and a God-given desire to be and make life beautiful? Is your use of makeup compatible with the idea that God sees you as naturally beautiful?


This past Sunday I was sitting in the car after Mass and I thought to myself "yeah I should have at least put some mascara on today."  

So my make-up "story".  I wear foundation, bronzer, concealer when needed, mascara and subtle eyeshadow most days that aren't summer.  (Because summer is sweaty and makeup is a waste in my book).  I love lipstick and when I start working I plan on wearing it everyday, secretly hoping it will become "my thing".  If I forget to put any makeup on I am fine.  I absolutely do not need it. However, I do enjoy putting it on and wearing it, feeling like it accentuates my femininity.  Because of all of these, I obviously have no problem wearing it and don't feel takes away from knowing that my beauty is deeper and God-given.  

But, I do think ladies have to be careful to not become obsessed with makeup, use it as a mask, or have an anxiety attack when they don't wear it.  I think that stems from poor self-esteem and/or making make up into a God, pick your poison.  And it really is a posion.  Letting make-up have a control in your life is a worse poison than cheap crappy make-up.  Satan wants you to think you need make-up.  The only antidote to this poison is through prayer coming to realize that God sees you as naturally beautiful.  

Now if you want to see exactly what make-up I wear, because I know you all do, you can check out my post from my make-up link up.  And that Arbonne bronzer and mascara are still the bomb diggity. I still wear those eyeshadows from that post however more often I reach for my Naked3 palate-so much pretty!  

 photo handmaidsignature_zps78343ea1.png

No comments:

Post a Comment