Thursday, October 4, 2012

Confession and Surgery

I know I have said confession is like weeding but I also think confession is alot like surgery.

(A confessional in Poland)

You get all nervous getting ready to go in even though you know in the end you will feel better and it is good for you. Then the actually "procedure" only takes a few minutes. Afterward you are left catching your breath feeling like a brand new person.

I mustered up the courage to go to confession last night. I have a hard time really believing that confession is this:

After though I felt so good. Like a weight was lifted off my shoulders. Like I could receive the Eucharist in so much of a fuller way and could relate to those around me more like I should.

Now reminded me of this in a few weeks when I am making excuses why I can't go to confession.

Live joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment