Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Be.


Here I am sitting in my favorite New York apartment with one my my best friends.  The cool breeze is blowing through the hanging on the wall, blankets are strewn about from a weekend of friends and laughter, the corners are in a desperate need of dusting and the taste of the delicious New York bagel is still fresh in my mind.  I am here and trying to be still for a moment to just be.

Being still long enough to realize the adventure the Lord is already taking me on rather than worried that I am not on all the adventure I could be on.  

Being thankful for the friendships that contain intense prayer and soul deep laughter.  

Closing my eyes to never forget the wedding of a dear friend with heartfelt for life vows, stuffed shrimp, on the water views, genuine smiles and the excitement of real authentic life and love.  

Struggling to be content waiting for the one the Lord wants for me.  The one to dance with, share with, dream with and kiss under the stars with.  

The Lord says be still and know that I am God and we read it over and over again yet how often do we purposely stop and be.  Be still.  Be reflective.  Be prayerful.  

No comments:

Post a Comment