Friday, December 28, 2012

Christmas Gifts

I would be lying if I didn't say me and my family are so blessed with material blessing during the Christmas season. My mom finds so much joy picking out and preparing gifts from Christmas. While I feel way too spoiled I know that receiving gifts is a way to give a gift for my mom. In the name of showing you typically life I wanted to show you the gifts I got for Christmas and some of the pictures of the day.

I wasn't kidding, we are very blessed.



The dogs get in on the action too.



My mom gets me and my brother an ornament every year representing something we did that year. I have ice skaters, soccer players, a beer mug, Big Bird, sea shells, a diploma, all together a total of 22. This year I got a Regina Angelorum ornament to celebrate joining Regina Angelorum household. I love it so much I don't want to pack it away with the Christmas ornaments.


I asked for candles. Santa did not skimp. I am so excited to lite these on "chilly outside, cozied up inside, studying nights."


And the new jewelry.


It was time for a new duffle bag. The one I have has traveled to many retreats and weekends away, my mom carried it to Austria, and I used it for every basketball game in high school. I have slowly fallen in love with the Vera Bradley ones and my mom indulged me.


This awesome print that my brother got me. Now I just have to get it framed.


I picked out this sweater from H&M. It has a cowl neck and is super big and cozy.


And the big girl wallet I picked out.


The most beautiful thing of it all-none of this matters. Of course I like getting things. I love having nice items in my life that I can indulge in and enjoy but when it all boils down, none of it matters.

I wish I could link up to my friend's blog but she keeps it private. It is funny because she was referencing my post about "Love came down" but said something that hit me square in the forehead and nearly brought me to tears. She says,
"Christmas is all about three simple words “Love Came Down.” Short. Simple. Profound."

I love my gifts. I will enjoy them all and be thankful for all the material blessings He gives me. But in the end, all that matters is the God of the universe, love itself, decided to show me what love is. He showed it to me in a manger, while wrapped in swaddling clothes as he we meditate on during the Christmas season. And in a few months time, we are reminded of God 's love shown with arms spread and nail pierced hands on the cross.

See the lights, enjoy the gifts and taste the cookies but remember, do all these things to glorify Love itself.

Live joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment