Friday, August 3, 2012

7 Quick Takes (Vol. #2)



--- 1 ---






My fruit and veggie strong dinner. (That "diet" is another post for another day) Yum, yum. A panini with ham, Havarti cheese, garden tomatoes, and pesto sauce. Garden cucumber salad. Fresh fruit salad with strawberries, blackberries, peaches, and pineapple. ANd yes that is a ice-cold end of a summer day beer sitting next to it, you were just supposed to ignore it.

--- 2 ---


Chick-fil-a Appreciation Day-did you go? I unfortunately was not able to go. Our closest one is a half hour away and I just couldn't make it work. Instead I ate a yummy brinner made by someone else (when made homemade by someone else it always tastes even yummier) however I did have a chicken finger at the TOB night I went to later that night.

--- 3 ---


Speaking of Chic-fil-a, I have been pleasantly surprised by the media coverage I saw of it. First of all, I was delighted that it even made the news. Secondly, I was impressed with the way it was covered. It showcased the point that for many people it wasn't even about the same-sex marriage issue but more about the fact that Dan Cathy should be able to make a statement about his beliefs based on his first amendment right, something that our country seems to be forgetting. Lastly, it clearly showed that people were delighted to wait in line even if it was hours in the hot sun.

--- 4 ---


Speaking of TOB. Wednesday night reminded me how much we need to pray for young people that they have the courage to discern the vocation that God created for them and the ears to hear His quiet, gentle voice.

--- 5 ---




Well this is what I was up to today. It doesn't seem like much but it takes longer than you think to prepare, photograph, and post items for ebay.

--- 6 ---


One book. That is all I need for my classes next semester. It is a combined book for both pediatric and maternity nursing. Getting ready for a great semester!


--- 7 ---


I love the Olympics, but who doesn't at this point?

For more Quick Takes, visit Conversion Diary!

No comments:

Post a Comment